Civil Engineering (n) (1720): Professional discipline that involves the design, construction, and maintenance of physical and naturally built environments.
LKC provides a full range of engineering services to assist you in problem solving through the development of client relationships and a thorough understanding of your needs. Our professional staff is skilled at all levels of governmental and private sector consulting. We will recognize your needs, identify potential solutions, and provide the necessary resources to fund and implement the desired result.
We are a people-centric firm, and we value long-term relationships with our clients. Our primary objective is that those who operate our designs on a day-to-day basis are the most satisfied upon completion, and we recognize that all systems are not operated the same, and there are many solutions to similar problems.
Our expertise covers all aspects of civil and governmental consulting, including the following:
- Water supply, treatment, and distribution
- Wastewater collection, pumping systems, and treatment
- County-wide water system development
- Infrastructure rehabilitation
- Civil site design
- Funding coordinating and project administration
- Construction management and inspection
Throughout their careers, our firm principals and staff have been responsible for the installation of over 1,500 miles of water lines, 40 elevated storage tanks, 65 sewer pumping systems, and over 100 million gallons per day of water and sewer treatment. Below is a list of engineering projects recently completed by LKC:
- 12 million gallon per day Water Treatment Plant Rehabilitation – City of Albemarle, NC US52 Water Plant
- 36” and 24” gravity sewer rehabilitation – City of Albemarle
- 6 million gallon per day High Service Pump Station replacement – Montgomery County, NC
- 1.5 million gallon per day Wastewater Treatment Plant – Hoke County, NC
- 6 million gallon per day Influent Pump Station – Hoke County, NC
- 40-mile Water Distribution System – Vance County, NC
- 1,250 gallon per minute Wastewater Pumping Station and 12” Force Main – Franklin County, NC
- 12 million gallon per day Raw Water Pump Station Rehabilitation – City of Albemarle, NC
- Water System Hydraulic Modelling – Towns of Wadesboro, Coats, and Marshville, NC
- CDBG Infrastructure Projects – Rockingham, Wadesboro, and Aberdeen, NC